Terms and Conditions
– ST is Storing Treasures, the owner of the product.
– Customer is the employer, church, non-profit or educational institution sponsor.
– End User is the individual or family utilizing the education platform and application.
End User acknowledges and agrees that the Software Products, including any modifications thereto, are the exclusive property of ST and/or its third party licensors from whom ST has secured the rights thereto. The Software Products are protected by copyright, patent, and other intellectual property laws and are proprietary and confidential to ST and/or its third party licensors. All rights, title, and interest in and to the Software Products (including associated intellectual property rights) shall remain vested in ST and/or its third party licensors.
System Requirements. The minimum system requirements for use of the Software Products are as follows:
- Operating System: Any desktop operating system currently supported by Microsoft (not to include the first six months of any new operating system release).Supported versions can be found on the Microsoft web site.
- Web Browser: The current and previous major releases of Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, on a rolling basis.
End User acknowledges that its computer systems and that of its Network Members shall meet the above minimum requirements and that ST does not support or troubleshoot problems encountered by use of web browsers or java versions outside of these minimum requirements.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The entire liability of ST and Customer arising out of this Agreement shall be limited to and shall not exceed the fees paid to ST by Customer and/or end user hereunder. In no event, will ST or Customer be liable for any consequential, indirect, special, or incidental damages whether or not ST or Customer has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In addition, ST or the Customer shall not be liable for any damages incurred by end user arising as a result of use of or reliance upon the Software Products or the Services.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Information we collect
We collect information in just one way:
- Information you give us. We ask you for very basic information including name, gender, and age along with non- personally identifiable financial information. This information is used to provide you a report with recommendations based on your personality. This information is kept in a secure, password protected site located at Rackspace.
- Local storage
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers
We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a service, and this may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device.
Accessing and updating your information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your information. When updating your personal information, we will ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of ST.
- With your consent
We will share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of ST when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any specific information.
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners . For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect ST and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt our services using SSL.
- We offer you a username and password connection for both sites.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to ST employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.